Thursday, September 8, 2011

Our Little Garden

The view looking out from our back door
We're finally getting settled in our new apartment. It's been about a week, and I'm so far behind on my blog, I'll be back-blogging stuff from weeks past playing catch up so check back often for July and August updates I failed to upload!

One of the main selling points for the apartment that convinced me it was the perfect little habitat for Max and I was this awesome fenced in patio garden.



The owner (its actually a privately owned apartment building) had some custom built flower boxes and benches put in that are very nice. She encouraged me to rejuvinate and plant new things. I'm looking forward to it.
The opposite view, towards the back door, with Max!

There's a blue bench seat with flower box, and a blue rain-catcher barrel with faucet attached to the downspout so we can re-use rain water ... ok well providing it ever RAINS here again! ;)

She put some pea gravel down, and some tiles and loose rocks, but I think it needs some softening up and beautification. Maybe a small bubbling fountain, some greenery along the base of the flower boxes...

Nice custom made flower boxes, and artistic tile stones
I could use some help on ideas for fall planting in Texas (hint hint Uncle Russ!).

The flower beds get partial sun throughout the day, but they are somewhat shallow so I have to water frequently especially with the record 100+ temps and drought here.
Maximus 'digs' his garden!










Max is very happy with his own little shady outdoor play area. He likes to sit and dig in the pebbles (pea gravel). Every day he gets his bucket and stands by the door. He knows the front door means 'go to the playground' and the back door means 'go out in the garden' so he's particular about which one he wants.


Finally, for the comedy component, here's a video interview I did of Max on the back patio - he will tell you how much he likes his new place, and a short tour of our garden... enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment